Thank you for joining us for the 2017 Midwest Regional and Short Line Railroad Conference!
The 30th Annual Midwest Regional and Short Line Railroad Conference will take place on July 15-17, 2018 at Madden’s Resort in Brainerd, Minnesota. Registration information will be available here in early 2018.
The 2017 conference theme was “Looking Down the Line”, and offered a brief look at the recent history of the freight rail industry as a precursor to what lies ahead for America’s railroads. The conference attracted nearly 150 railroad managers, employees, suppliers and shippers as well as a number of local, state and national officials.
Speakers and panelists included:
- Clarence Gooden, Retired President, CSX Railroad
- Judy Petry, President, Farmrail System, Inc.
- Tim Pawlenty, Former Governor of Minnesota; President/CEO, Financial Services Roundtable
- Charlie Zelle, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Dan Elliott, Vice Chair, USDOT Surface Transportation Board
- Leslie Blakey, Executive Director, Coalition for America’s Gateways & Trade Corridors
- Katie Inouye, Spark Training Solutions – Presentation
- Jacob Stocker, Network Analyst, Genessee & Wyoming – Presentation
- Dan Watson, Dave Armitage, Steve Fry, Northern Plains Railroad – Presentation